The third round of the business acceleration programme on Fintech “be finnovative” started on Thursday 31 January 2019. It is developed by the Digital Channels Division of NBG as an engagement platform and innovation lab, where Greek fintechs can have access to significant resources to upscale their business models in 5-6 months. Partner in this effort is Crowdpolicy, an open innovation and technology company.
The business goal for the Bank is to identify potential partnerships by organizing proof-of-concepts with selected teams of the programme. NBG leverages its experience working with startups since 2010 through NBG Business Seeds program, as well as having one of the most advanced API portals in the industry according to a recent Innopay study.
In the third round of be finnovative 29 very interesting proposals were received, with business models focusing more on B2B rather than on B2C, some of them tackling some real pain points for any bank.
Following a pitching process during a Selection Day on Friday 25/1, 16 teams pitched their ideas to an evaluation committee, comprised by NBG business unit heads, executives from tech companies supporting the programme and fund partners.
The 9 selected teams for the third round are:
· VERGE CAPITAL: Pan-European credit score provider empowering EU citizens’ fair access to credit, while expanding the consumer credit markets for financial institutions.
· PARITY PLATFORM: Digital platform that connects retail investors and funds with vetted Renewable Energy Projects.
· MACHINELEARNING4FINTECH (IRMOS): Development of business analytics software and consulting services provider to implement state-of-the-art AI models in banking.
· AITHOUGHTS: Integrated and automated digital assistant (chatbot) receiving input by text or voice.
· BLOCKCHAIN@FINTECH: Credit scoring platform leveraging blockchain to aggregate data from various players outside banking.
· BAAM: Real estate platform using blockchain and smart contract technologies.
· REPORTFILLER: User-friendly software for automated reporting in line with banking compliance requirements.
· SPIN SPIN: Platform for small businesses combining proximity marketing, loyalty and analytics.
· BRAIN: Web applications for Laptop / Tablet / Mobile that help health insurance companies and partners (brokers, agents, banks) to increase efficiency and productivity of sales.
Learn more on https://befinnovative.com/en/